I felt it was time for another post on nails and polish (my first nail post “Lesson in Lacquer” can be found Here). I tend to get professional manicures every two weeks, but in between I try to keep my nails looking great by shaping and doing regular polish changes myself.
Here are some of the products and tools I use to keep my manis looking great at all times:
My natural nails! This will most likely be the first and last time my nails will be photographed without polish. I’m giving them a breather for a few days…
1. Buffer Block
Sometimes I use this when I feel like leaving my nails polish-free for a few days. It helps buff my nails and leaves them looking shiny
2. Basic Nail File
1. OPI Base Coat
Using a base coat is very important so you don’t stain your nails from polish. It also ensures your manicure lasts as long as possible
2. Seche Vite Top Coat
Hands down, the best and fastest drying top coat I have ever used
3. Essie Quick-E Drying Drops
I cannot live without this. I do a drop on every nail about 10 minutes after applying my top coat to ensure my nails dry as quickly as possible
New Essie colors I had to share! I’m so excited to wear these colors in upcoming outfit posts
1. “No More Film” (Resort 2012 Collection)
I feel like this one could creep into my favorite list. It’s a beautiful and rich violet purple
2. “Play Date” (Go Overboard Collection)
This pastel purple is right on trend for spring. It’s not as dull as some of the other lighter purples by Essie
3. “Ole Caliente” (Navigate Her Collection)
A beautiful and strong coral tone red
Here’s how you can enter for your chance to win the Mini Essie Resort and Spring 2012 collection:
1. Become a fan of Queen Shmink on Facebook
2. Follow Queen Shmink on Twitter and RT this post
3. For an extra entry (to double your chances of winning) you can “Stalk Me” on Currently Obsessed
4. Leave a comment below letting me know you’ve done the following, and which nail polish you are excited to wear this spring/summer!
Good Luck Shminkettes!
Thanks to all of you for entering!!
The winner of the Essie Resort & Spring Collection is Samantha!
I will be hosting a lot more giveaways so look out for those coming soon.